H.G. Wells' 1898 classic The War of the Worlds is the undisputed granddaddy of alien invasion stories and the one you didn't know you needed to read right now. The writing is subtle, suspense-filled, engrossing, and will hook you from the very first sentence:
No one would have believed, in the last years of the nineteenth century, that this world was being watched keenly and closely by intelligences greater than man's and yet as mortal as his own; that as men busied themselves about their various concerns they were scrutinized and studied, perhaps almost as narrowly as a man with a microscope might scrutinize the transient creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water.
And The War of the Worlds Book Box pairs the Wells vintage-looking classic with an equally vintage-looking gift - one of the most perfect pairings we've ever offered! - that you'll not only love, but you'll love using!
- a vintage-inspired paperback edition of H.G. Wells' novel The War of the Worlds - a novel vetted by decades upon decades of pretty literate people as well as our very own Monthly Book Box subscribers!
- one novel-inspired gift that evokes the era into which this book has had the greatest impact on society - one that will come as quite a shock and excite you, too!
- bonus bits - Included in each shipment are the top 5 topics from each novel and what we thought about each inside the Monthly Book Box membership to give you a taste of the flavor of our awesome monthly subscription and the free, online community that comes with our subscription.
- perks - As a book box buyer, you automatically have front-of-the-line access to the Monthly Book Box when it reopens to new subscribers since the number of spots is limited.
- see it all as I unbox it here
What is the buzz about this book box?
" I. Am. Very. Excited." -Kristen
"I am so excited about this month's book! The novel treasure is spot-on! I'm using it right now!" -Ann
"Y'all- it’s out of this world!!!" -Lynda
"I am so excited about this book and the treasure is more than perfect." -Judy